The Malvasia Bianca is a fresh, low alcohol wine with vibrant fruit and floral aromas including peach, apricot, lychee and guava.
The grapes were crushed and de-stemmed and then immediately pressed and the juice put into stainless steel barrel to ferment. The wine remained in stainless steel barrel to age for 7 months and then was bottled.
The 2021 Decko white wine is a fresh low alcohol white blend of 65% Chenin blanc and 35% Colombard grapes. It's perfect chilled on a warm summer day. Flavors include apple, pears, apricots and notes of minerals.
After harvest the grapes were crushed and de-stemmed and then immediately pressed into a stainless steel tank for fermentation. The wine was aged in stainless steel tank for 7 months before bottling.
The 2021 Riesling is a fresh, low alcohol wine with great balance known for its unique floral and fruity aromas including jasmine, lime, lychee, and apricot. Riesling is known to pair well with a wide variety of foods.
After harvest the grapes were crushed and de-stemmed and then immediately pressed into a stainless barrel for fermentation. The wine was aged for 7 months in stainless steel barrel and bottled.
The Carignane Rosé is the color of fresh wild salmon and exhibits complex fruit and spice flavors. It has a nice body despite being low in alcohol.
After harvest the grapes were crushed and destemmed and left over night to gain some color. The following morning the must was pressed and the juice moved to tank to ferment. The resulting wine was aged in stainless steel tank and neutral oak barrel for about 6 months.
The wine is a dark salmon color and with prominent fruit aromas and hints of spice. Fruit notes include watermelon, strawberry and raspberry.
The grapes were crushed and de-stemmed and held overnight to gain color. The next morning the must was pressed and the juice put in tank to ferment. The wine was aged in stainless steel barrel and neutral oak barrel for 7 months before bottling.
The North Coast Pinot Noir is a beautiful ruby red color. It initially exhibits vibrant aromas of rose petal, blueberry, strawberry and raspberry. With time, complex flavors of wild mushrooms, almonds, black tea and cedar are revealed. The wine exudes a bright elegant structure with a velvety softness. The fabulous flavors seem to linger forever in the finish. The wine is a very nice on its own or with food. Drink now or age for 10-15 years.
Roughly 55% of the grapes came from the Anderson Valley AVA, 35% from the Coombsville AVA and 10% from the Sonoma Coast AVA. Just over 60% of the blend was from Pommard Clone with remainder from Dijon 777, Dijon 115 and Swan.
The grapes were harvested in the early morning to make use of nature to keep the grapes cool. About 90% of the grapes were destemmed into open top fermentation bins as whole berries with the remaining 10% put directly into the fermentation bins as whole clusters, stems and all. The fermentations were punched down twice a day. Upon completion of fermentation, the wines were pressed and immediately put into previously used French oak barrels for aging. The wines were topped monthly and racked once during 10 months of aging.
The North Coast AVA is north of San Francisco and includes vineyard areas within the counties of Lake, Marin, Mendocino Napa, Solano and Sonoma. The climate of this large growing region is characterized by fog and cool breezes from the Pacific Ocean.
The wine displays a brilliant garnet color. Expressive aromas are of black plum, mulberry, black tea, earth and a touch of anise and violets. The wine evolves with every sip revealing balance and structure with a finish of tart cherry, cedar and volcanic minerals. The wine goes well with food or on its own and should age a decade or more.
The wine is a blend of Dijon 777, 667 and 115 clones. Harvest was on separate days for each of the clones. The grapes were destemmed into open top fermenters. A cold soak followed by a slight inoculation of wine yeast allowed native yeasts to survive well into the fermentation. Punch downs were twice a day. The wine was pressed into French oak barrels, one of five being new, and aged for 11 months before bottling. The wine was racked once prior to bottling.
The Black Knight Vineyard is situated at high elevation in the southeast of the Sonoma Coast AVA due east of the Petaluma Gap. The high elevation, morning fog and a cool afternoon breeze keep the grapes cool and make for a relatively long growing season. The fog often covers the vineyard into the afternoon. The grapes are grown utilizing organic practices.