Our lawyer insists that we supply a Terms & Conditions for Wine Sales (see full text) to cover all the ins and outs of reselling wine due to its highly regulated nature. But what does it all say? Well, in summary:
- You allow us to offer for sale your wine
- We explain the process
- You complete a listing profile for your wine
- UPS is used for shipping
- You agree to comply with UPS shipment labeling regulations
- When a sale takes place you are notified
- You ship the wine (packing slip and shipping label provided)
- You ship the wine — the buyer pays the shipping and applicable taxes
- For Sales on VinoShipper licenses — we are responsible for compliance related aspects of the sales — we hold the permits and licenses to ship to the states we have listed.
- For Sales on the Winery license — you are responsible for the compliance related reporting, but VinoShipper will supply the required information.
- Transactions using the winery's permit are 4.75% of the discounted wine price plus .75¢ per bottle.
- Transactions via VinoShipper's network are 8.75% of the discounted wine price plus .75¢ per bottle.
- We send our payment to you within 30 days of the shipment
The rest of the document talks about definitions, licenses, your obligations, our obligations, wine purchase & payment, refund or return, term & termination, warranties, indemnification, Limitations of Liability, Confidentiality, and general provisions including your agreement to Arbitration in San Francisco, CA.
This summary does not remove the need for you to review and accept the winery terms, but is meant to give you a quick look at the subjects covered by them.